Terrain Visualization of India using SRTM and Openstreetmap data
Made this in QGIS using data from NASA’s SRTM and Openstreetmap. I got inspired by a terrain visualization I saw while browsing /r/MapPorn on reddit.
Data layers used:
SRTM: 1km dem with a custom color map, 1km dem slope shading.
OSM: Roads (white), Railways (yellow), Water features, Cities and Towns.
Wall of Names
|ISRO Bhuvan wms data… on ISRO sees utility of openstree…|
|onpagemail on Chennai volvo routes and …|
|Arrearadvisor on In the arrear hole|
|lakshmiramya1 on Chennai’s share autos|
|santhosh kumar on In the arrear hole|
|Abishek on In the arrear hole|
|Rajeswari Ravi on Chennai’s share autos|
|sibi on In the arrear hole|
|Kavitha on In the arrear hole|
|Ahmed on In the arrear hole|
- This is wonderful, when government agencies won't share citizen funded data with each other to save the life of cit… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 hours ago
- RT @jonni_walker: #ComingSoon 3D in @Mapbox #BuiltWithMapbox how exciting is that!!! https://t.co/0qd9dptUst 9 hours ago
- One more day available for citizens of India to have some say in how the land around them gets to be exploited for… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @planetlabs: The last fully intact ice shelf in the Canadian Arctic, the Milne Ice Shelf, recently collapsed, sending large ice islands… 2 days ago
- RT @arkarjun: On the 16th Bday of @openstreetmap, I wrote a small #tutorial for downloading data from #OSM for #Geospatial analysis and pu… 4 days ago