Terrain Visualization of India using SRTM and Openstreetmap data
Made this in QGIS using data from NASA’s SRTM and Openstreetmap. I got inspired by a terrain visualization I saw while browsing /r/MapPorn on reddit.
Data layers used:
SRTM: 1km dem with a custom color map, 1km dem slope shading.
OSM: Roads (white), Railways (yellow), Water features, Cities and Towns.
Wall of Names
|ISRO Bhuvan wms data… on ISRO sees utility of openstree…|
|onpagemail on Chennai volvo routes and …|
|Arrearadvisor on In the arrear hole|
|lakshmiramya1 on Chennai’s share autos|
|santhosh kumar on In the arrear hole|
|Abishek on In the arrear hole|
|Rajeswari Ravi on Chennai’s share autos|
|sibi on In the arrear hole|
|Kavitha on In the arrear hole|
|Ahmed on In the arrear hole|
- @PratapVardhan Beautiful! This is definitely the largest open dataset for rural amenities that i have come across.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 15 hours ago
- RT @PratapVardhan: PMGSY recently released ~7,70,000 geo-tagged rural facilities data on it's portal. This map shows the density across Ind… 15 hours ago
- @PratapVardhan @isro @osm_in Very cool! What did you use to make this? 2 days ago
- RT @Tarun_Lak: India Vignettes, a compilation! https://t.co/GWMbbtiHEd 3 days ago
- Big milestone, possibly the only state in India with updated open data of local government/panchayati raj boundarie… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago