Terrain Visualization of India using SRTM and Openstreetmap data
Made this in QGIS using data from NASA’s SRTM and Openstreetmap. I got inspired by a terrain visualization I saw while browsing /r/MapPorn on reddit.
Data layers used:
SRTM: 1km dem with a custom color map, 1km dem slope shading.
OSM: Roads (white), Railways (yellow), Water features, Cities and Towns.
Wall of Names
|lakshmiramya1 on Chennai’s share autos|
|santhosh kumar on In the arrear hole|
|Abishek on In the arrear hole|
|Rajeswari Ravi on Chennai’s share autos|
|sibi on In the arrear hole|
|Kavitha on In the arrear hole|
|Ahmed on In the arrear hole|
|Abhi on Chennai’s share autos|
|srinivasan on In the arrear hole|
|tom on In the arrear hole|
- 17-year Tara brings India's forgotten female warriors to life through fantastic illustrations - homegrown.co.in/forgotten-fema… via @homegrownin 18 hours ago
- This is amazing, the flood map has been repruposed for Dar es Salaam by the volunteers in Tanzania. @sanjaybhangar… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 1 day ago
- \O/ osm-in.github.io/flood-map/chen… twitter.com/habitatxchange… 4 days ago
- The @openstreetmap and @Mapbox powered Chennai flood map is currently on display in Quito at #Habitat3, the largest… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 4 days ago
- RT @hathoric: #DancingPlague from #Sauptik: Blood and Flowers' © Amruta Patil '16. #collectivebrain #EnablingMadness Pre-order: https://t… 2 weeks ago