Terrain Visualization of India using SRTM and Openstreetmap data
Made this in QGIS using data from NASA’s SRTM and Openstreetmap. I got inspired by a terrain visualization I saw while browsing /r/MapPorn on reddit.
Data layers used:
SRTM: 1km dem with a custom color map, 1km dem slope shading.
OSM: Roads (white), Railways (yellow), Water features, Cities and Towns.
Wall of Names
|sibi on In the arrear hole|
|Kavitha on In the arrear hole|
|Ahmed on In the arrear hole|
|Abhi on Chennai’s share autos|
|srinivasan on In the arrear hole|
|tom on In the arrear hole|
|kumar on In the arrear hole|
|moorthy on In the arrear hole|
|nirmàla on In the arrear hole|
|kannan on In the arrear hole|
- RT @mappingmashups: Slides & text for my #sotmus talk about OSM's future can be found on @stamen's blog: hi.stamen.com/openstreetmap-… https://t.… 7 hours ago
- Something I have always dreamt of - designing beautiful transit maps for any city using algorithms. twitter.com/transitapp/sta… 8 hours ago
- RT @sotmus: "If Google Maps were Encyclopedia Britannica, then OpenStreetMap would be Wikipedia." @maryhui in @washingtonpost https://t.co… 9 hours ago
- Time for cow view in India twitter.com/gmapsmania/sta… 19 hours ago
- RT @Mapbox: Designers! Come join our team and help us design the world's most beautiful and useful maps! mapbox.com/jobs/map-desig… https://t.… 19 hours ago